2005-01-09

iztsu iztsu
View: html (writeback) | wikieditish | rss

update: 2005-01-09

download: iztsu.zip

Changed:

update: 2005-01-09

• Added lastmodified plugin to output RSS2.0. By the way, There's no need to configure this plugin.
  • Added paging plugin & back_and_forth plugin plugin. There's no need to configure this plugin, too.
  • Changed RSS1.0 to RSS2.0
  • Fixed html page. Thanks for Halvard Halvorsen's useful suggestion ("h3 tags should be h1").
  • Delete index page. because RSS exists.
  • Consequently, 7 plugins following:
    1. Rael's theme.
      This is a minimum request.
    2. Miyagawa's wikieditish.
      You can send TrackBack ping.
    3. Fletcher's Writebackplus.
      Features: to Leave comment, display recent writebacks, easy-antispam, leave post-time etc.
    4. Todd's categories.
      Display category and breadcrumb menu.
    5. Struan's storytitle.
      Display story title at <TITLE>.
    6. Rael's foreshortened.
      Using RSS's output.
    7. Bob's lastmodified.
      Using RSS's output.
  • Additionally as a popular suggestion, require 5 plugins following:
    1. Nagashima's paging.
      It provides "Page 1/3: 1 2 3 › »", like Google search result.
    2. Nagashima's back_and_forth.
      It provides "« previous page | next page »", like a individual page on Movable Type.
    3. Todd's calendar
      Display entry's day at calendar. (however, I don't like it much. hem.)
    4. Brian's archives.
      Display by the year and month on sidebar. (however, I don't like it much, too.)
    5. Fletcher's entriescache.
      Your blosxom speed up processing. Before using, please delete the relative caches on plugin's state.
  • All of the flavours comprised in above plugins are not required. Please remember it.
  • Now, as a my another suggestion about helpful plugins; Seemore, Google_highlight, Find, Markdown. Those are satisfactory options.

See more ...

wikieditish+bookmarkletに対応させました - posted by Unio::Blog -
I've improved iztsu::wikieditish::page source code. If you use this page fuke and "wikieditish + bookmarklet" plugin, you can send trackback ping!
- posted by mecca - 2004/02/09 00:29:52
I just love your theme. Would you like to put a logo of your own such as "designed by graffitti"?
- posted by avo - 2004/02/09 03:21:45
謝謝您的讚賞! 不需要您的担心. 我喜欢您的自由了.
A little problem with RSS - posted by mecca - 2004/04/09 23:55:19
When I used RSS Reader to syndicate my blog, I found there was no description of each of my article. Finally, I downloaded foreshortened from blosxom, and it works! So I suggest to put this plugin into your list. :)
- posted by gh - 2004/06/22 06:21:42
I've been studying the graffiti theme and enjoying it immensely.
I noticed a small bug in the calendar, the arrow that should take you to the previous month actually skips back two.
about a small bug in the calendar - posted by avo - 2004/06/22 18:38:45
I didn't entry between May. So no problem.
- posted by Martin - 2004/07/13 08:49:14
Hi, very keen to get the theme working, I am stumbling over permissions (I think..)
Apache runs as nobody/nobody. Generally the folders are set 755 and all files owned by root.root. Changing owner does not help...

Tips greatly appreciated.

With 666 on both the css's this happens:
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] file permissions deny server execution: /var/www/cgi-bin/themes/iztsu/style/common.css

with 755 or 777
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/themes/iztsu/style/common.css
about the theme-file's directory - posted by avo - 2004/07/13 10:19:42
I think, there is no need to set a theme-file on "~/cgi-bin/". How is setiing on static directory?
- posted by Martin - 2004/07/13 17:51:47
Thanks for that, will put them static. The thing that worries me more though is that the css's are not read/includes. Therefore all the styles have no effect sadly, sadly... Currently moving house. I'll have the system at the new house soon and then post the address.
- posted by Martin - 2004/07/13 19:37:43
Sorry about the double post. I pressed reload (Opera). Not my day today...

drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 152 Jul 13 11:12 state/
in that is:
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 14995 Jul 13 11:16 .calendar.cache
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody nobody 2368 Jul 13 11:16 .categories.cache
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 72 Jul 13 11:16 writeback/

URL:
- posted by avo - 2004/07/13 22:50:52
First, regardless of Blosxom's work, it's necessary to read css. And UTF-8 supports Perl 5.x or higher. Also I suppose the need to revalidate about Apache's action.
Now I can't read your css. Maybe it's no available except CGI,
But it's shown here.
Really, about css's permissions I don't take on a difficult setting.
If possible I recommend to check it on another server.
Secondly, to check about theme-plugin's work, just put only theme-plugin in plugin folder.
Good luck.
- posted by Martin - 2004/07/14 05:30:10
Thanks for the hints! I solved it by moving all except blosxom.cgi into the htdocs (html) folder. For some reason Apache does not want to handle the files when they are in cgi-bin. It appears it has to do with the xhtml headers as the standard blosxom flavours are ok. Did some further testing to find out the reason and looked through Apache config but could not determine the reason. Thanks again!
What about a search plugin? - posted by Amnesiac - 2005/01/11 06:23:00
First of all... congrats! great job in graffitti theme, it's clean and beautiful.

Is there a way that you can use a search plugin for it?
Re: What about a search plugin? - posted by avo - 2005/01/11 07:19:07
Well, I recommend find plugin.
If you use it, please open "theme/html/page", and add $find::searchform anywhere around a column of sidebar, and finally add $find::results somewhere around story.
Thanks a comment.

2005-01-08

about Paging-plugin & Back_and_forth plugin

About Paging plugin

Its author is Nagashima-san, Hail2u.net - blosxom plugins. Good job, thank you!

Only add "$paging::navi", it provides "Page 1/3: « 1 2 3 4 »", like Google search result.

As the subspecies of "paging plugin", I just modified only the looking of these themes... Especially, to get behind the error on xhtml validator.

By the way, when display entries by the year, month (using archives etc.), this paging plugin cannot work. this is tailored to the specification by categories. It's not bug.

Changed point

2005-01-08

line:72
$navi .= qq!<div id="paging">\n<p>\n!;
---
$navi .= qq!<div class="paging">\n<p>\n!;

... etc. sorry. That's the text's appearance only.

Download

Note: Its author is Nagashima-san. Grateful.

download paging.

About Back_and_forth plugin

Its author is Nagashima-san too, Hail2u.net - blosxom plugins. Good job, thank you again!

Only add "$back_and_forth::navi", it provides "«  Previous_entry_name  |  Nex_entry_name  »", like a individual page on Movable Type.

As the subspecies of "back_and_forth plugin", I just modified only the looking of these themes... Especially, to bring together each individual variables.

Changed point

2005-01-08

... It's such a hassle to describe many points. forgive me. It's the looking only. Easily describe changed point: $back_and_forth::navi = $back_and_forth::next + $back_and_forth::prev.

Download

Note: Its author is Nagashima-san. Grateful.

download back_and_forth.

2005-01-07

Blosxom's themes: iztsu & graffitti

Synopsis

I dedicate these themes to Blosxom's users all over the world.

And I hope that these help you to customize your sweet Blosxom blog.

Features

• Unicode (UTF-8)
  • Valid XHTML 1.1
  • Multiple theme set; including html (writeback), wikieditish, trackback, rss
  • Tableless (excluding calendar)
  • Font-sizes scaling by Percentage (visitor has control)
  • Consequently, 7 plugins following:
    1. Rael's theme.
      This is a minimum request.
    2. Miyagawa's wikieditish.
      You can send TrackBack ping.
    3. Fletcher's Writebackplus.
    4. Todd's categories.
      Display category and breadcrumb menu.
    5. Struan's storytitle.
      Display story title at TITLE of head.
    6. Rael's foreshortened.
      Using RSS's output.
    7. Bob's lastmodified.
      Using RSS's output.
  • Additionally as my suggestion, require 5 plugins following:
    1. Nagashima's paging.
      It provides "Page 1/3: 1 2 3 › »", like Google search result.
    2. Nagashima's back_and_forth.
    3. Todd's calendar.
      Display entry's day at calendar.
    4. Brian's archives.
      Display by the year and month on sidebar.
    5. Fletcher's entriescache.

By the way, all of the flavours comprised in above plugins are not required. Please remember it. And "iztsu & graffitti" are not flavour files! They are files as a theme's set for theme plugin. The distinction of them is only left or right, The HTML structures are all same, the CSS structures are only different.

Installation

1. First, this theme requires theme plugin. You ready? And this theme places your themes directory.
    • e.g. $theme_dir = "/your/directory/here/themes/graffitti"
    • e.g. $theme_dir_url = "http://your/url/here/themes/graffitti"
  2. Completed! Mnn... theme plugin is too fast too simple than setting flavour files!
    If you customize background-images, see this site: squidfingers. Remarkable patterns!

See more ...

"archives" plugin is not valid XHTML - posted by Aivars -
year's "li" tag isn't closed when you have entries for more than one year. Below is my patch. If it's not readable, blame writeback plugin.

51c51
< $results .= "$indent$indent\n";
---
> $results .= "$indent$indent\n$indent\n";
55c55
< $results .= "$indent\n\n";
---
> $results .= "\n";
- posted by avo -
I'm grad you posted. Your patch is working good, valid! Thank you.
- posted by andrew j - 2004/10/27 17:26:37
Hi-

Looks great! But I'm having getting the writebackplus plugin working with your theme. Is there any extra configuration needed???